Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Step Right Up...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you today, my very own handspun yarn. Take a look:

These two are handspun from white merino, and dyed with Kool Aid.



These two are handspun using two colors of wool alternately. It was good practice for joining, but turned out way knotty. The pink and white one might have enough yarn for some chunky baby legwarmers, so maybe I'll see about whipping some of those out while I'm sleeping tonight...



I am officially hooked on spinning. I can't believe this has happened to me. Here I was, happily existing with my 7 unfinished knitting projects, 5 or so designs-in-progress, 2 businesses, and a long to-do list, and a new obsession comes into my life. Unbelievable. I still have a long way to go, but I am learning a lot and having a lot of fun doing it.



This yarn was just an overdye of a horrible first go with madder and alum (I think alum anyway). It was a terribly somber brownish salmon color. Now it is this lovely orange-red. It's Knit Picks lace weight.



Yippee!
Malia

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work! Yep, spinning is great, and time consuming...
We can shake hands about that feeling!

Love your lace weight! superbe colour!

Molly said...

Super fancy! Love it.

Penelope Craft said...

My dear, now is the time to take the weel, put it on your bike and bring it over to me me me.
There are 7 UFO's screaming for some attention :-)
You go girl! Love how the purple came out. Does it still smell so sweet?

Anonymous said...

Wow you should be head of a company or run a country or something. I turn my back for a few seconds and voila!

I love it.

Anonymous said...

Today I asked my brother to get us a sheep from New Zealand. I think it fits very well in our backgarden :-)

Mather Family said...

A mini sheep would fit :)